Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Holding Strong at Sixty Something........

Well, for having an empty nest it sure seems like we are busy all of the time. Let’s see-----what have we been doing? Dad and I went to Colorado to hook up with Becky, who was one of my best friends in high school. She and all of her brothers and sisters were all going to be home in Fairplay at the same time and I didn’t want to miss out so we headed to Colorado. First, we stayed a night at Herring’s and Logan and Gpa Jerry went golfing then we stopped in Grand Junction to see Aunt Pam and Michael and we spent the night with them and had a good visit. The next morning we stopped to see Pat, Jerry’s Mom and her sister for a couple of hours. Then we went to the Bordenville Cemetery and then we went down and were able to spend the night in the house that Gpa Jack built----that was cool but it wasn’t the same because Gpa Jack wasn’t there so it was just a nice house with a lot of memories on the ranch. I always forget what a beautiful place I was raised in. The next day we went to Hartsel to the places where Jerry was raised when he was a kid. Went to the school he attended (a one room school). Then we went to Becky’s and visited for about 3 hours----it was great to see all of them. Then we went to see Aunt Vickie and Rich and had a good visit. Tried to see Aunt Ann but she wasn’t home so we missed her.
The rest of our life has revolved around our cows and being out of feed, and high hay prices. But we finally found somewhere to move them and after all of the boys and some of the Grandkids came to help build fences the cows are looking fat and sassy again. Thanks to all of you, we think you are great!!! We know you were reminded why you all chose different professions besides ranching-----helping us once in a while is a good reminder. The rest of the time Dad and I have been searching for missing cows. Last newsletter I got the award for the best face plant in the water trying to wakeboard-----well Dad had a pretty good face plant getting bucked off his horse. He recovered okay but I am not ready to be an EMT. His horses are on probation because the next one that bucks him off is going to the sale.
Dad and I had planned to go to Texas for Gpa Jack’s 80th birthday but then we had calves in the feedlot to feed because we weaned early this year. I decided it just wasn’t right for Gpa Jack to turn 80 and me not be there so I jumped on a plane and surprised him for his 80th birthday. I may become a world traveler someday (not likely)-----I’m getting pretty brave. At least I found my way there and back.. Enjoyed visiting with Gpa Jack and of course Robbie’s good cooking. The week went by too quickly.
We love you all and pray for your health and success and are proud of the things you are accomplishing. Be seeing you over the holidays!!!! Love Gpa Jerry and Granny Janny

No comments: